Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Haze

The smoke from the wildfires out west and Canada has reached northern Wisconsin.  Like other parts of the northern United States our skies are hazy with filtered sunshine. 

Well, let me tell you the hazy skies have produced some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

Last night Mr. Canon and I hitched up the 'Iron Steed' and went looking for interesting things to photograph.

Our first encounter was this mama and her baby.  They stuck around long enough to get their pictures taken, then  were off to greener pastures.


Our next encounter was the sun's reflection on a little pond, surrounded by woods.



There was a lone yellow daisy that said please take my picture. We did better than that, we took two!!!!

 


After a few photos of Pickerel Creek,  we were at the public boat landing on Rolling Stone Lake.


Yes, the leaves are starting to turn!!!
 

 


  The sunset was magnificent... I'll let you see for yourselves.

Notice the mallard's warming their feet on the large stone that's visible on the surface of the lake.

 

 
 

Because of the haze, the sun disappeared before it reaches the horizon.  I'm so glad we captured this one before it vanished.


And that's the way it is........

7 comments:

  1. Yes,the haze does create a very special beauty. I'm glad you could see the beauty in this instead of complaining about hazy skies.I enjoyed seeing all these photos and couldn't pick a favourite if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photographs are amazing. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the photos are beautiful! Such beauty makes me smile.....I like the birds in the lake pic but cant pick a favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are FAB! LOVE the one with the dock in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos -- thanks for sharing! I can't believe that smoke travels that far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your beautiful photography so very much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous photos. Stopping by to wish you a very blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete