Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Project

Tomorrow we are celebrating Grand #4 & 5's birthday's, with a cookout, and a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake!!!  Their gifts are coordinating comforter sets for their bedroom.   I really like these because they match but can be reversed.
I was a little disappointed because they did not have coordinating window treatments.    So, after I picked up the comforter sets, my next destination was the fabric store.    I found some materials that would match, and made them a valance for their window.  I like the way it turned out.  And I hope they do too!!
 The valance is mostly purple, with three pink box pleats in the center.  The four stripes are lime green with yellow ric-rac down the center.    Hopefully just enough bling without being over bearing.


And that's the way it is..................................

8 comments:

  1. You really do beautiful work, Muffy. My mom was clever like that with her sewing, and we always enjoyed her creativity. Hope the grands enjoy it and that they have a wonderful birthday!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The valance you made is so perfect. Wishing them a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think they will love the gifts , such a crafty Gran .My mum was a seemstress back in England in the war and she was also great at sewing and making anything . Happy Birthday to your grandkids !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instant decorator Grandma to the rescue! What a great gift and your valence goes perfectly! I hope they have a marvelous birthday..oh I love that DQ Cake:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I repeat! You are amazing!!!

    Lucky Grands!!!!! :-)

    "A Weekend in the Country..."
    "...in comfort and quiet, seemed vary attractive. The trees would be bursting into leaf, the grass turning green, the birds beginning to sing. Perhaps the sun would shine, it would be warm."


    ~"Weekend" by Rosamunde Pilcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to the grands, love the comforter sets and valance for window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The valance turned out beautifully! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are talking purple here, how could it not be perfect!!

    you did a great job....all this while the little one's were there??

    ReplyDelete