Friday, July 3, 2015

Strawberry Time

I'm back.... with a whole bunch of new ideas for blogging posts.  My grandson was so upset with me when I said I hadn't blogged since October.  I promised I would continue to blog and change it up a little.  Not only are you going to hear about the happenings of life here in the northwoods, but you are going to hear about my family tree and some of the heirlooms that were passed on to me.  More about those things in future blogs..... I promise!!!
 
Today a couple of us gals went strawberry picking.  This was a brand new adventure for me!!  We arrived at Merry's Berrys early this morning.  People were already in the fields!!
 
 
 
We picked for 20 minutes and I know I picked more berries than I need.
 
 
 
 
The berries are some of the sweetest I've ever eaten.    I promptly came home and made a Strawberry
Cheesecake Lush
 

Now I'm off to deliver some of those delicious strawberries and a piece of desert to some of my neighbors.
 
 
 
I know you'll want the recipe:


Strawberry Cheesecake Lush

1 package Golden Oreos (36 cookies)

6 tablespoons butter, melted

8 ounces softened cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip, divided

2 packages (3.4 ounce each) instant cheesecake pudding mix

3 cups milk

3½ cups sliced strawberries

Instructions:
Crush the entire package of Oreos. A food processor would work great for this - I don't have one, so I just placed my cookies in a gallon sized Ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin. When the cookies are fine crumbs, transfer them to a large bowl and mix in 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Press the cookie mixture into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate while you prepare the remaining layers.

 Next, beat together 1 cup of powdered sugar, the cream cheese, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over your cookie layer.

 For the next layer, mix together the pudding mix, milk, and another 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over the cream cheese layer.

 Layer the sliced strawberries on top, and spread the remaining Cool Whip on top.

 Keep refrigerated until ready to serve
 
 




 And that's the way it is................

 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I will have to skip the recipe - no Oreos for me. But I do love the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I was your neighbour. That cheesecake looks wonderful.Even just a few of those berries would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! A new recipe I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where in the world you had gone! That dessert looks luscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOPS! i think i gained a couple of pounds drooling over the recipe... what a fun thing to do and there are never to many berries for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I'm so glad life has inspired you to blog again!! Looks like a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son asked my why I dont blog much anymore also. I dont know why. Glad to see you back though. Some pretty strawberries here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for your grandson! I have missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete