Monday, September 15, 2014

Its Pumpkin Time

Today, I drove to the butcher shop, and on the way home, I found a place that was selling pumpkins.
Driving down the long driveway, I found a house and along the fence line were the pumpkins for sale.  No one was home, therefore I was on the 'honor' system.


And to keep the honest people honest; this sign was right above the money box.



They had quite an assortment of pumpkins and prices.


Some gourds and a few squash were also for sale.


I chose three pumpkins, one for each step of the porch that leads to our door.


Just wait until you see how I decorate those pumpkins... but that's for another day.  Because I did say I went to the butcher shop and now I have meat to repackage and put away!!!

Driving out of the driveway, this sign made me chuckle!!!



And that's the way it is.........(in Northern Wisconsin)

18 comments:

  1. We have a couple of places like that.....love'um..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkins are gorgeous. It's nice to see that there's still trust in our world! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pumpkins to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how those pumpkins will look after you have given them your creative touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have our own pumpkin patch this year and have 20 some pumpkins. Just picked a few of them off the vine today. : )
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great assortment! We have sweet corn stands on the honor system around here:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think $1 is a great price. How could a person not be honest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that we can still trust MOST people with the "honor system". They do have quite an assortment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems quite early for pumpkins, but we passed a huge truck hauling pumping just this afternoon. I'm still in denial that summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful pumpkins and it has been many years since i saw the honor system... all sizes and shapes and much cheaper than the Walmart kind

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe...life in the country (boonies)!!! i remember last years pumpkins were pretty special!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pumpkins look great. My sister had a packet of pumpkin seeds that were labelled as the sugar/pie pumpkins, but they turned out to be huge. Her grandkids will have some nice jack o'lanterns out of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah....it's that time of year! Hooray for pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some good prices for very attractive pumpkins. The prices here in the San Joaquin Valley are much higher. Or, have been in the past. I've not seen any pumpkins for sale yet this year. What with our drought, there may not be as many grown, and the prices may be much higher than usual. If I can get them for $5 a piece, I usually buy 3 for the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your pumpkin photos.....I love that is pumpkin season.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so summery, it's hard to believe its that time of year when pumpkin stands turn up. Crop failure here this year so I'll have buy mine too.

    ReplyDelete